Sunday, February 23, 2014

Reviewing how I learn...

In my class my professor has asked me to answer the following questions after 7 weeks of studying learning theories and learning styles. 

    Now that you have a deeper understanding of the different learning theories and learning styles, how has your view on how you learn changed?
      After 7 weeks of looking at different learning theories, and learning styles my view on how I learn has changed. I have realized that in the first week of this class, I was putting theories and styles together when in fact they are not the same thing. The way I learn is a style but the way I believe people learn and a way of teaching is the theory.  When it comes to how I learn, I still believe that I prefer a certain style such as cognitive. I am always searching for the why in things as well as yearning for hands on experiences and don’t like rote memorization. I dig in deeper to gain a better understanding of the topic. I have done this within this class various times. When it comes to theories, I like the adult learning theory for adults and some young adult but I agree with the cognitive learning theory the majority of learners. Adult learning allows students to look at past experiences to learn and to gain knowledge and the cognitive theory always makes learners as why (which is similar to my learning style).
       
  What have you learned about the various learning theories and learning styles over the past weeks that can further explain your own personal learning preferences?
                  You can group theories and styles together. For example, cognitive learning and hand on experiences go together along with searches and for adult learning one can play off of past experiences but aslo self-directed learning which helps pair it with multiple intelligences.
                   
·       What role does technology play in your learning (i.e., as a way to search for information, to record information, to create, etc.)?

            I use technology in many different ways. I love to search for information to learn know things especially when I have questions about something and need an answer. I also use it to record information. For example, I use a database to keep track of my students’ grades. I also use it to store information and to create presentations and shared documents with my colleagues and students. Technology can be absolutely amazing but at the same time one has to have a back up plan because technology can definitely fail at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment