Saturday, January 10, 2015

Project Management - A new course, a new learning experience

Upon completely my last course, EDUC 6135 - Distance Learning, at Walden University, I was enrolled into EDUC 6145 - Project Management. To say I was intimidated is an understatement. I know Project Managers and they are always working and making sure things are done correctly from their teams. I felt as if I was getting in over my head. Then, one of them began to explain their work to me as if they were teachers. They told me a SOW is kind of like a lesson plan. Before you can teach something, you need to know how much time it will take, what resources you will need, and be prepared for unknowns with back-up plans. Ok, I can handle that! I thought to myself. After all, I have been doing lesson plans for the last 7 years of my life throughout school and work as a teacher.

I am looking forward to diving into this course and learning something new int he process. I am open to go out of my comfort zone in some of the projects and extend myself past the classroom and into the corporate world.

Stay tuned!
~Jodi

1 comment: